My Summer Daytime Essentials
*Enjoying what’s left of long summer days
During the summer, I love a daytime look that’s easy and sun-kissed. I don’t want to spend too much time piling on makeup, but I still want a polished but pretty look that’s going to stand the heat. Here are the products I use on a daily basis that I hope you’ll find useful!
1. Smashbox Photo Finish in Original ($36). Gives me a silky base before foundation and helps it last longer too!
2. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond ($42). Used only on my good skin days. :) Provides great coverage for a tinted moisturizer!
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Shell Beige ($35). If you have oily/combination skin, you have to try this! Perfect for summer days because it doesn’t melt off my face! I just use a water face mist on my face before I apply a dime sized amount to keep it from looking too cakey.
4. MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NW 25 or NW 30 ($17). Covers all evidence of blemishes and late nights!
5. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep ($27). Doesn’t look powdery and has a luminous finish that mimics real skin.
6. Urban Decay Naked Palette ($48). During the day, I use Half-Baked (a gold e/s) in my inner tear duct and on my brow bone, then Smog (a dark bronze e/s) in my crease and on my lower lashes. I also use Buck to sometimes fill my brows. I’d seriously be lost without this palette!
Tip: Try applying the eyeshadows wet for extra staying power!
7. L’Oreal Liner Intense in Carbon Black (~$7). My liquid liner for years and it never fails me. Works just as well as my Lancome Artliner.
8./9. My magic formula when it comes to lashes! My short, straight lashes need a waterproof formula that’s going to lock my curl, so I find that the Maybelline Waterproof Lash Stiletto in Very Black (~$7) not only locks my curl all day, but gives me a tons of length. Then to give me more volume, I use L’Oreal Million Lashes in Carbon Black (~$7) on my top and bottom lashes. Washes off with ease and doesn’t give me raccoon eyes either!
10. Nars Bronzer in Laguna ($33). My go-to bronzer to contour and gives me a sun-kissed glow perfect for summer.
11. MAC Sheertone Blush in Peaches ($19.50). Love the summertime flush this blush gives me!
Add a pink sheer gloss (like Mac Nymphette), and I’m good to go! What products do you use during the summer? Do we have some items in common?
Stay tuned for my nighttime essentials and behind the scenes for this shoot!
*images via Nordstrom.com, drugstore.com, Sephora.com, http://www.onlineshoppingx.com/images/prod_imgs/03016983002.jpg
Leave Note / Reblog
essentials estee lauder foundation l'oreal laura mercier mac mac peaches mascara mineralized skinfinish nars nars laguna primer smashbox summer tinted moisturizer urban decay urban decay naked palette